Thursday, June 18, 2009

Since You've Been Gone...

So, I came back from Utah on Tuesday, June 16th. My family wanted me to stay longer. I seriously considered staying.

I didn't really have a deadline for heading home (other than my Primary calling that I've been neglecting) and my brother-in-law Bryce is going to be in a play this weekend that my sister Sue Ann designed and made all the costumes for. So it would have been cool to get to see all that.

However, after checking with the airline I learned that it would cost a significant amount of money to switch my ticket, so that pretty much decided it for me...I wasn't staying.

Then my brother-in-law Paul (very generously) offered to pick up the difference so I could stay the extra time. I seriously considered staying.

But in the end, I decided that it was time for me to get back home. I missed my husband and my fur children, and it was time for me to get home.

While it would have been nice to stay longer, in the end I am glad I came home when I did. I REALLY missed my husband....a lot.

I think he missed me too. He gets a little...non-functioning...when I'm gone. Here's how I know:


  • When he picked up the dogs from Todd and Felicia he didn't realize she had stuck the bag with their bowls in the trunk. So for two days my dogs ate their dinner off of paper towels.

  • When he left Utah I reminded him that the dogs would have NO food when he came home and he would have to buy them some. He apparently forgot. As far as I can gather they lived off of Milkbones and take-out food for a couple of days. And possibly granola bars (see below).

  • Our paper towel holder is missing. I haven't gotten all the details yet, but I suspect it went the way of the tongs.

  • Dan is now the proud owner of some new socks...big, thick, fluffy, wool socks. It's 100 degrees outside...

  • The contents of our fridge are as follows: 50 Kirkland Protein Shakes, roast beef lunch meat, pepper jack cheese.

  • The contents of our pantry are as follows: 50 different kinds of granola bars.

  • The contents of our garage are as follows: the empty cardboard boxes of 50 Kirkland Protein Shakes, the empty cardboard boxes of 50 different kinds of granola bars.

  • Our recycle bin is full of non-recyclable trash.

  • Dan forgot to go to church on Sunday. He did remember, however, to go out to lunch with his friend that day. And go shopping at Fry's Electronics(!?).

  • Dan forgot to shave (or at least, he didn't shave...) for about 8 days. I'm not sure why because he went in and shaved about 10 minutes after I got home.

So, in the long run, I'm glad I'm home...for all of our sakes... :)

No comments:

Welcome To Our Blog!!