Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Crazy Daisy!

I'm pretty sure that Daisy was, in her former life before she came to our family, employed as a bomb sniffing dog. How do I know this? Well, I don't...but I can only surmise that this was her former occupation because since joining our household she has taken it upon herself to thoroughly inspect any new item that comes on the premises. Here are a few examples:

The newly purchased toilet paper from Costco could be dangerous. Here you can see how she has taken it upon herself to inspect it to ensure that it is safe for our family to use:

In fact, she is so vigilant that even after she had ascertained that the toilet paper was safe, and I was allowed to put it away, she still felt compelled to inspect the outside wrapper one more time...just to be sure:
Then, later when I was working on some new primary rolls and paperwork, Daisy became concerned that some of these primary papers may have gone rogue and may be posing a threat to the family. Daisy jumped on them like a bum on a bologna sandwich!
And let me tell you something else: there is no END to Daisy's vigilance. She never sleeps when there are potential threats lurking everywhere. Even things that have been in our house longer than Daisy has cannot be trusted. Take our entryway rug. We've had it for years. I naively assumed it was safe. But Daisy was not fooled. Thanks to Daisy crisis averted, yet again!

Also, there is apparently something dangerous and sinister about the bows that I stupidly insist on putting in her hair. Every time I, like a dummy, try to put one in her hair she stealthily removes it within thirty minutes before it can do any harm:
Phewww! That was close!!!

1 comment:

Sue Ann said...

I applaud her intelligence in removing her STUPID bows-she is much smarter than I was giving her credit for. Perhaps the bows are made of some sort of toxic to dog materials--or perhaps it's the hairspray you use to style her hair when you place the bows in it--you should be glad that she is vigilant in protecting not only you but herself!
Happy now? I commented twice :)

btw my word verification is noodyste

Welcome To Our Blog!!